Coastal Cancer Center's Dr. Emily Touloukian speaks to WBTW on breast cancer screening concerns after pandemic.
1. Ease back into your routine by following your style. If you are a naturally talkative person, then it might be best for you to update your co-workers and boss on how you’re doing. If you are more of a private person, let them know that you’re doing fine and let it go at that.
2. Get up to speed. You want to put a priority on feeling confident again about your job abilities:
• You might want to seek one-on-one counseling or join a support group if you are feeling less than capable of performing your job duties.
• Consider whether you are able to come back full-time or part-time. You might also want to consider any medications you are taking and whether they will impair your abilities during your work schedule.
• To refresh your skills, consider attending a few seminars or workshops.
• Attend a few industry specific events to keep you up-to-date.
3. Make a plan.
• Whether you’ve decided to work full-time or part-time, you’ll want to make a work schedule and see if it fits your employers needs. If so, prepare to follow it.
• Does your workspace need updating? Perhaps it needs to be redesigned to fit new equipment like extra back support or other devices to make you more comfortable.
• “It’s important to resume routine,” says Susan Scherr, 58, a two-time cancer survivor. Focus on the work itself, even if it means catching up on tasks like returning phone calls or going through a mound of mail.
You Might Also Enjoy...
Dr. Emily Z. Touloukian, DO elected to the Board of Directors of Community Oncology Alliance (COA)
Coastal Cancer Center voted best cancer center by the Carolina Forest Chronicle Readers' Choice Awards for 2020
Dr. Emily Z. Touloukian winner for Best Oncologist. Dr. Renwick Goldberg is the finalist. Congratulations to our CCC Physicians.
Join Coastal Cancer Center's Dr. Katerina Erokhina at GSMC HealthFinders on "Taking Care of You - Cancer Prevention". You may not know it, but there are steps you can take to help control your risk of developing cancer.
Coastal Cancer Center has been voted best cancer center by the Carolina Forest Chronicle Reader's Choice Awards for 2019