Coastal Cancer Center strives to ensure our patients have access to the latest resources needed to make educated decisions about their individual treatment plan and course of care. The links below are provided as a courtesy to those visiting our website to help locate the most detailed information on cancer from reliable sources. Coastal Cancer Center is not responsible for the content or services provided within.
Patient Education and Support
- American Cancer Society
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- Best Chance Network
Valuable information on how the Best Chance Network provides South Carolina women with free breast and cervical screenings. Qualifying applicants must meet specific requirements.
- Caring Bridge
Caring Bridge aims to provide people with cancer the opportunity to create their own webpage in an effort to keep family and friends updated on their health status.
- Look Good…Feel Better
This website is for women with cancer, providing information regarding makeup techniques and appearance improvements during treatment. Information on local workshops can be found here or by calling 1-800-227-2345.
Legal Zoom is an easy-to-use, online service that helps people create legal documents including living trust, living will and health care power of attorney.
The official U.S. government website for information on Medicare. Select South Carolina or North Carolina from the menu for local information.
- Medigap Policy Research
Find a Medigap policy in your area with this easy-to-use tool that compares policies, costs and premiums.
Financial Assistance Links
In Our Community
- Coping Together
- Coping Together raises funds and supports those affected by cancer in Horry County, SC. Call 502-396-9660.
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA (Cancer Survivorship Program)
- 12 week small-group program that assists those living with, through, and beyond cancer. Call 843-449-9622.
- LogistiCare provides SC Medicaid patients transportation assistance. Call 866-445-8915.
- NC Medicaid
- NC Medicaid patients in Brunswick County can apply for transportation assistance. Call 910-253-2124.
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- Neighbor to Neighbor is a Myrtle Beach community volunteer service to provide transportation assistance. Call 843-234-0818.
- Road to Recovery
- Road to Recovery is sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Provides transportation assistance. Call 1-800-227-2345.