With You Every Step of The Way
When you’re facing a cancer diagnosis, you want an experienced hematology team with a proven track record.
What is hematology?
Hematology is a specialized medical focus devoted to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of blood diseases. These disorders include both cancerous and noncancerous conditions affecting all aspects of your blood, including:
- Red and white blood cells
- Bone marrow
- The organs producing blood components, like the spleen
This distinct specialty is closely associated with oncology, which focuses on cancer.
What conditions do hematologists treat?
Hematologists specialize in managing a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders
- Lymphoma, leukemia, and other blood cancers
- Conditions requiring stem cell or bone marrow treatments
Having to see a hematologist doesn’t mean you have cancer.
What kind of services do hematologists offer?
- Expert diagnostic imaging, including CT and PET scans, X-rays, bone scans, bone marrow tests, and bone density testing
- Laboratory services with the most advanced chemistry testing, tumor markers, complete blood counts (CBCs), blood disorder testing, and iron tests
- Symptom management not only treats your condition but also controls symptoms such as pain
- Education regarding your diagnosis and customized approaches to treatment
What can I expect from my first hematology appointment?
Your first hematology appointment might include
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Additional diagnostic screenings to help guide your treatment plan
- Discussions with specialists working with your care team
- Talking with a financial counselor about costs associated with your treatment and insurance coverage
- Meeting your support service team, like patient navigators and pharmacists
Myrtle Beach Center
8121 Rourk Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
817 Farrar Drive, Conway, SC 29526
3008 Bayboro Street, Loris, SC 29569
Murrells Inlet Center
4620 Highway 17 South, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576