Patient Education and Support
- Accepted Insurance Companies
- American Cancer Society
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- Best Chance Network
Valuable information on how the Best Chance Network provides South Carolina women with free breast and cervical screenings. Qualifying applicants must meet specific requirements.
- Caring Bridge
Caring Bridge aims to provide people with cancer the opportunity to create their own webpage in an effort to keep family and friends updated on their health status.
- Look Good…Feel Better
This website is for women with cancer, providing information regarding makeup techniques and appearance improvements during treatment. Information on local workshops can be found here or by calling 1-800-227-2345.
Legal Zoom is an easy-to-use, online service that helps people create legal documents including living trust, living will and health care power of attorney.
The official U.S. government website for information on Medicare. Select South Carolina or North Carolina from the menu for local information.
- Medigap Policy Research
Find a Medigap policy in your area with this easy-to-use tool that compares policies, costs and premiums.
- LiveLung AND PROSPER!
Virtual Cancer Group meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 12:00pm ET. Meetings provide educational guest speakers, fellowship, and hope! These meetings are free and open to everyone impacted by lung cancer, including patients and people who care about them. To learn more call 1-704-890-LUNG(5864).
Small Cell Lung Cancer Group (SCLC) virtual meetings held once a month for patients and their loved ones. Meetings will be held at various times, depending on availability of expert speakers, as well as group member preferences. Sign up to be notified of meetings and other events at www.livelung.org/smallcell.
- Cactus Cancer Society
Creative and supportive online programs for cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers, ages 18-45. Online program includes art workshops, creative writing workshops, journaling workshops, guys discussion group, YA cancer book club, and more all designed to allow adults facing cancer to connect, cope, and thrive with one another in an online community. Learn more at Cactuscancer.org.
Financial Assistance Links
In Our Community
- Coping Together
- Coping Together raises funds and supports those affected by cancer in Horry County, SC. Call 502-396-9660.
- LogistiCare provides SC Medicaid patients transportation assistance. Call 866-445-8915.
- NC Medicaid
- NC Medicaid patients in Brunswick County can apply for transportation assistance. Call 910-253-2124.
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- Neighbor to Neighbor is a Myrtle Beach community volunteer service to provide transportation assistance. Call 843-234-0818.
- Road to Recovery
- Road to Recovery is sponsored by the American Cancer Society. Provides transportation assistance. Call 1-800-227-2345.
Myrtle Beach Center
8121 Rourk Street, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
817 Farrar Drive, Conway, SC 29526
3008 Bayboro Street, Loris, SC 29569
Murrells Inlet Center
4620 Highway 17 South, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
What Our Patients Say
– Shannon Booth, Myrtle Beach
– Richard G.
– Paula M.
– E.S., Pawleys Island
– Martha R.
-Tom Newmister, Coastal Structures